All staff should be encouraged to:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe:
Cab and cargo door handles, seat belts, steering wheels, mirrors, gear shifts, control knobs and buttons, latches, and handles.
Shared objects including clipboards, pens and pencils, bar code scanning devices, dollies, and hand carts.
Surfaces in public places such as receivable docks, where personnel are present and there is a requirements to interact.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
After each delivery this should be undertaken.
- Practice Social Distancing:
Limit unnecessary face-to-face contacts during pickups and deliveries as far as reasonably practical.
Limit casual (social) interactions that normally occur at work while you are undertaking deliveries.
Avoid and limit time in places where other people congregate: truck stops, dispatch areas, locker rooms, refuelling, during pickup etc.
Please ensure all our vehicles are stocked with the required items.
- Disinfectant Wipes.
- Masks should they be required –
- A waste bag to place all items used.